Tuesday, June 22, 2010

My squash blooms are wonderful and then, overnight, they shrivel and die.?

I suspect bugs, but the only thing I see are small green grasshoppers (which I thought eat plants.......the blooms are not eaten). I need advice on what's causing it and how to fix it. Also, how to get rid of the grasshoppers (seven dust doesn't work and I can't have guinneas in town).My squash blooms are wonderful and then, overnight, they shrivel and die.?
http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0geu7QM8WhI90鈥?/a>My squash blooms are wonderful and then, overnight, they shrivel and die.?
Squash blooms only last a couple of days before they form fruit. Expect them to fall off and then little nubs to form. These will become the fruit.





Also, sometimes the first bloom doesn't take (form fruit). It should continue to form blooms throughout the growing season. Maybe the second round will do better for you.
The flowers only last a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
dry skin